Thursday, January 31, 2013

respect the fedora


I got in trouble at work a few days ago. My boss was very vague about how he wanted the writers to work on a project, so all of us did it wrong. When he figured this out, he took the nice approach and explained what he wanted and asked us all to take an hour to fix it. The guy who edits my work did not take this approach. He took the opportunity to email me four times in one week to tell me how disappointed he was in me.
            I don’t really know too much about this guy because, even though he sits about three feet away from me, he has never actually spoken to me. My knowledge is limited to the fact that I have yet to receive an email from him that is free of spelling or grammar errors, he can’t do his work without reading it out loud--loud enough that I can still hear him with my headphones in and music on fairly loudly, and that he is one of those guys who wear fedoras. On a daily basis. With stained T-shirts. Indoors, for some reason, while working on a computer. Now, I love fedoras if the rest of the outfit matches the dignity of the cap, but I have noticed that the majority of guys I have met in my life who wear fedoras every day have turned out to be very rude and mean people. So here is a graph to help you rude men who think a fedora will automatically clean up your act figure out if you really can pull off that fedora:


[UPDATE] I sneezed and Not-Humphrey-Bogart did not bless me. Rude.

[MORE UPDATE] I ran into Not-Humphrey-Bogart last week. He has upgraded to beanie, goatee, and puka shell necklace.



much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment