Friday, July 31, 2015

july jinkies

This month, I drove home to visit ALL OF THE DOGS:

My family took a walk to Laguna Beach: 

We drove out to see the Cabazon dinosaurs:

Nick got eaten:

But he got better:

The T-Rex had a brain the size of a light fixture: 

We made a very humid pit stop at the Salton Sea:

The sand was made entirely of dead things: 

And we saw the smallest parade ever at Pioneertown. It was so small the announcer was able to name every person and donkey from memory: 

We saw pretty things:

And brought back new friends:

Then we made  a trip to Salvation Mountain:

Go tell it on the mountain:

It was so much better than I imagined: 

I still love wild sunflowers that grow on the side of the highway:

And Addie took a short break in between rounds of licking her butt and then trying to lick my face: 

Nick and I went out to Wine Country and visited Jack London's Beauty Ranch.

And tried a lot of wines:

I was amazed by the colors: 

Addie was amazed by bees: 
 


Addie tended the bar briefly: 

And got stuck:

I knew I shoulda taken that left at Albuquerque:

We love car rides:

Heading back to San Francisco:

We celebrated my 26th birthday!

And saw Star Trek combined with the symphony:

And got to see the Delorean used in Back to the Future

We went to the Gilroy Garlic Festival and ate garlic ice cream. Garlic. Ice. Cream.:

So much garlic: 

You cannot escape: 
 

And I'm still floored by these flowers: 





much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment