Friday, November 30, 2018

buster

November 24: I finally met Max’s little one, Conrad. He gurgles in a way that makes him sound like he is purring all the time. He kept spitting out his pacifier and shoving my fingers into his mouth so that he could bite me with the two tiny and sharp teeth growing out of his lower jaw.

November 25: We picked up Wiggins and he immediately fell asleep in his dog bed in the back seat. When he woke up, dad wet over his responsibilities in the household, which include chasing Nora so much that she loses five pounds within the next two weeks.

November 26: For some reason, they decided to paint the hallways today instead of over Thanksgiving break, when the school was empty for an entire week. They forgot to put up signs warning people of the wet paint, and all day, we found students trying to wash light blue paint off their uniforms and out of their hair.

November 27: Buster is gone. While I am glad that I got to see her again, it doesn’t feel like I got to say a real goodbye. She wasn’t acting like herself for long at Thanksgiving and I wish that I had known that the summer Oregon trip was the last time I would really be with her.

November 28: It is, of course, the day I managed to have entirely indoor plans that the storm decided to take a break. It was damp, but rain-free the entire day.

November 29: Joanna informed me that if she asked to go to the bathroom today, I would need to excuse her immediately. She started her period last night. She’s ten. She even opened up her backpack to show me where she had stashed two week’s worth of pads. Janessa, also ten, shook her head slowly and said, “She’s growing up so fast.”

November 30: We got the results back from our Beacon Initiative evaluation. We did not score highly in “engagement” because we don’t utilize many interdependent skills in our lessons. The tool guide suggested that I establish a class treasurer. Problem solved.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment