Sunday, November 9, 2014

drinking like an author: virgnia woolf edition

When I first moved to San Francisco, I bought this book filled with literary cocktails.


Then I completely forgot about it until the guy who lives above me ran water to take a bath and then fell asleep. I woke up to find my apartment making a slow transformation into a pond.




I was quickly moved to another apartment for a few days while the damage was fixed. While packing up a few things to make sure nothing I valued got water damaged, I came across this book again. And what better time to drink than when you were woken up at 3 in the morning because your apartment is doing an impression of Atlantis and you can't go back to sleep?

A Rum of One's Own--

Quotes: "Oh, Virginia. So smart. So sad. So...specific. According to our gray Woolf, a woman needs "money and a room of her own to write fiction."."

Ingredients:
Butter
Light brown sugar
Cinnamon
Dark rum
Hot water

Steps:
I probably shouldn't get specific. Buy the book.
But, put it all together.



It makes my insides toasty.

I chose this drink because it was simple and warm and I am just now tasting the irony as I made it the day that I no longer have a room of my own. Damn that Virginia Woolf!




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment