Sunday, January 25, 2015

foiled again

Due to the whole 'living in San Francisco' thing I have going on right now, I have a Clipper Card that allows me to pay my fare on any public transportation out here. I also have a keycard that unlocks my apartment door. Since I use both on a regular basis, I keep them both in my wallet. But they are so close together that they often interfere with each other.
A few times a week, I can't open the door to my apartment until I pull the keycard all the way out of my wallet.
Nick suggested that I put a slip of tin foil in between them to prevent one from overpowering the other.
So I did. But then is just made both cards stop working. My door reacted like I had tried to use a banana to activate it and did nothing.
I told Nick and he gave it a try. He swiped my wallet in front of the sensor over and over again to no avail.
So the next time you see someone with tinfoil in their hat, trying to keep aliens or the government from stealing their brain waves, pause and remember that they do have a point.





much love,
hedgie




No comments:

Post a Comment