Sunday, February 5, 2017

acupuncture needles

February 1: An hour after she came into the office, Jen asked me if I could check her shoulder blade   for an acupuncture needle. She suspected one was left in from her appointment this morning because it was not the first time this place had left needles pinned into her back. I found the needle, bent over from her shirt, the outer end spiraled in order to make it more noticeable and avoid the situation she found herself in twice now.

February 2: Arianna had a homework assignment that required her to write three opinions about the requirements a person needs to meet in order to run for president. Her first issue was with the age minimum. She believes that younger people should be allowed for consideration. “How old are you?” she asked me, halfway through writing her sentence.
I picked a Fruit Roll-Up wrapper off the floor. “27.”
“I think the age should be 27,” she said.

February 3: After my lesson on different foods that are good and bad for the brain, Miss Skye has told me that everyday, at least six of her students come up to her one at a time to let her know that her Diet Coke is rotting her mind.

February 4: Nick and I both ordered large milk teas at FrosTea, but nothing prepared us for the beach pail-sized drinks we were handed three minutes later.

February 5: I’m still congested two weeks later. Even my ears feel stuffed up and it’s affecting my sense of balance. I wish there was a way to deflate my own head.



much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment