Sunday, February 19, 2017

run with the bulls

February 13: I want to punch whoever taught the students how to play dodgeball. Over the last few weeks, I haven’t been able to get through a whole morning recess shift without someone bleeding or having to break up a fist fight.

February 14: Nick got a stomach bug halfway through Valentine’s Day. On one hand, I felt bad that he clearly wasn’t feeling well. But on the other hand, I got to eat our chocolate soufflĂ© by myself.  

February 15: The plague is upon us again. Melissa and Manny called in sick today and both Fernando and Isabel are on the verge of following suit.

February 16: The first graders were released from the bus on their return from their field trip where they watched Aladdin preformed entirely by a cast of elderly white women. A wild stream of them ran screaming by as I stepped out of the bungalow to get a drink of water. I now have a vague idea of how the people who run with the bulls feel.

February 17:  Luis warned us over the foil-wrapped and on fire sushi roll that if we ever made it out to  Thailand that we should never touch a child on the head. We are all still trying to figure out why he felt we needed to be taught to not touch children we don’t know.

February 18: I started playing Words With Friends again. Elaine just played the word “dildo” against me for 20 points.

February 19: A secret I had mailed to PostSecret almost a decade ago showed up on the website again. I can still remember making it at the desk of my dorm room in North Morlan, but I don’t feel connected to it, like I had watched it happen on a movie screen instead of been a part of it.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment