Sunday, March 19, 2017

the properties of light

March 13: Robert’s aunt is now contributing to the mass of angry emails. The new list of demands include that no parent volunteer is allowed to talk to Robert, the principal is not allowed to talk to Robert, and no member of the staff who does not have IEP training is allowed to talk to Robert. But she also requested a staff member whose sole job is to socialize him while no one at the school is allowed to approach him.

March 14: I’m not positive the new art teacher at the school has ever met children before. He emailed Melissa a worksheet that he wanted her to print out for each student in the class. It went over the properties of light for a class that Miss Jen has spent the last week teaching how to brush their teeth properly.

March 15: Today, Robert cried so hard when recess ended that he made himself throw up.

March 16: Nick taught me the word “boondoggle”, which is a word that is akin to the idiom “wild goose chase”. But to me, it sounds more like a euphemism for a buffalo’s penis.

March 17: Dora managed to slit the banana peel open with a thumbtack and pull out the banana without splaying out the skin. When the empty banana was held with the cut facing away, it was impossible to tell that there was anything wrong with it. She offered it to me and bashfully hid her face when the look of realization spread across my face. She was too shy to play the prank on other leaders, so she asked me to offer it to them while she crept silently in my wake.

March 18: We watched The Hateful Eight last night. The only thought that gave me comfort through the viewing was the knowledge that if I had been there, my death would most likely have been a quick one by bullet, as I am a tea drinker and would have avoided the suddenly-vomiting-blood poisoned coffee.

March 19: Urban Outfitters was stocked with overalls, neon colors, and jelly sandals. Apparently, the 90’s are coming back.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment