Sunday, March 5, 2017

we do not have witnesses

February 27: The second grade girls opened up a tattoo parlor with Shanah’s set of gel pens. Gwendolyn decided to tattoo a dancing banana in a dress on my right hand. She ended up drawing a long, yellow banana with huge, blue circles for shoes. Skye snapchatted it.

February 28: Abel threw up before program started. As soon as he found out we were going to Garfield Park, he insisted on joining us and bringing a bucket with him in case he needed to vomit again.

March 1: There’s been an outbreak of lice at school. Miss Jen and Miss Melissa spend most mornings braiding each others' hair and parents keep asking me why I am always wearing my beanie inside.

March 2: Duolingo taught me “Además, no tenemos testigos” (Besides, we do not have witnesses) and “¿Tienes enemigos? (Do you have enemies). Finally, some useful phrases.

March 3: The Lorax table wasn’t very popular on Dr. Seuss Day. It was full of papers to write a few sentences and draw a picture of what we would do to help the earth if we were the Lorax. I tried to fill out a few to get some kids interested. I wrote I would adopt more dogs and asked Angel what color I should make my dogs. He insisted on green, that way it would be a poisonous puppy.

March 4: The rain today was sudden and heavy, resulting in shrill yelps from everyone caught outside. I sat by the window for 15 minutes and watched families run screaming in every direction as they searched for shelter.

March 5: I got a tune stuck in my head. When Nick looked it up, he found out it was “The Farmer in the Dell”. Lyrics include: The farmer takes a wife, the wife takes a child, and the cat takes the mouse. All the “takes” confuse me. Did the wife steal or eat that baby?




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment