Sunday, April 30, 2017

nut graf

April 24: Melissa found L’madja and Angel playing family on the play structure during recess. Angel was the mother because of his long hair, and they were both gently taking care of their baby, an orange from snack wrapped in a paper towel. Two minutes later, she caught D’madja playing stripper and trying to convince kids to give him money for a private show.

April 25: Dad thinks Nate’s essay could use a nut graf. He had to explain to me that this term refers to a few sentences near the beginning of an essay to summarize its focus and not something akin to spaying and neutering; but I think I can figure out a way to do both at the same time.

April 26: It was Wednesday and I told Robert so. He thought it was Thursday. He spent the next hour crying hysterically.

April 27: I found three fourth grade boys hanging out in the garden during morning recess. I told them that they already know the garden rules, they are not allowed in there unless the gardening teacher is there. They flunked out towards the the basketball courts. One of them turned around, glared at me, and then yelled, “snitches get stitches!”.

April 28: Jen mixed up about five different stories when we discussed the suitcase filled with body parts on the corner of the block where I used to live. She was convinced that the murder and the victim were once lovers, that the murderer and the victim were somehow the same person who managed to zip themselves in the suitcase and “Romeo’d” himself, and that it had something to do with a girl who was beat up outside of a Jack in the Box.

April 29: Nick texted a photo of his nerdy high school self. He was wearing a long blond wig, playing a broom like it was a guitar, and looking suspiciously like Vince Neil from Motley Crue.

April 30: Nothing has ever been able to live up to the hype for me. Until we saw Hamilton. I cried four times and when we got home, Nick and I listened to the entire soundtrack while cleaning the apartment.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment