Sunday, May 7, 2017

may day

May 1: Seven teachers were gone this May Day in order to join the protests for immigrants and worker’s rights at City Hall. A lot of parents knew this and decided to not bring their kids to school. I had eight students today.

May 2: Janessa made me cover my eyes so that she could reveal to me what I was going to look like in the future. When I lowered my hand, she was pointing to a picture of a turnip.

May 3: It’s been so hot the last few days that the kids have started a new game where they fill their mouths with water at the drinking fountain and then spit it all over each other.

May 4: Shanah was in the middle of changing the lyrics of BO$$ to be about pooping when there was an announcement that we were going on lock down, that we needed to lock the doors, turn off the lights, and stay away from the windows.

May 5: Fabi lead us through the “I see, I think, I wonder” after we played the exquisite corpse and had a wall full of ridiculous creatures created in thirds.
“What do these characters make you wonder?”, she asked us.
Tina tapped her pen against her lips and then pointed it to a drawing where the top third was a smirking clown, the middle third looked like mens ice skater’s uniform, the bottom third was purple knickerbockers and green shoes.
“I wonder who that clown's next victim is,” she said.

May 6: There was a huge bite mark-ridden hole ripped out of our shower curtain. Addie later threw up a blue chunk of fabric. What on earth made her suddenly decide to eat the shower curtain?

May 7: My Irish passport finally arrived. My ID photo is in black and white and I wasn’t allowed to smile or wear my glasses in it, so it looks more like a top secret file given to a hardened detective trying to hunt me down that a photo of me.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment