Sunday, September 24, 2017

your favorite stock broker

September 18: I finally found my response for when people act derogatory about my job. Ask them if they remember their favorite teacher. And then ask them if they remember their favorite stock broker.

September 19: I woke up early to find Addie cuddled up in between me and Nick. She was also using George as a pillow.

September 20: Charlotte and Diana had a few too many when we got on the subject of wedding planning. Diana was just beginning to choose a date and we were commiserating about how we had to choose dates based off our school schedule. Charlotte remembered I had requested a few days off for my wedding. “How long are you going to be married for?” “Oh, just like ten days or so.”

September 21: Ms. Connie bought a doll for her students to play with because it was only four dollars. It has giant, piercing eyes set above an eerie smile. “Of course it cost four dollars,” Melissa said, placing a note not to feed it in its chubby, plastic hands. “It’s probably cursed.”

September 22: There is a theory that your birthmark is a physical representation of how you died in a past life. My birthmark is a series of small, dark dots along my upper thigh. So I apparently died of some sort of sexually transmitted disease.

September 23: We are testing sedatives on Addie for the wedding. When the pill finally kicked in, she seemed to forget how her legs worked and had to walk along walls to go in a straight line. But she did remember to check for leftovers in George's bowl at dinner time.

September 24: It’s finally starting to hit me that Nick and I are getting married. Strangely, I feel way more anxious about the wedding itself than the idea of spending the rest of our lives together.



much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment