Saturday, September 9, 2017

primarily cabbages

September 1: Yesterday, a kinder informed me that it would be 50,000 degrees today. She was accurate.

September 2: It has been so hot that neither of the dogs will jump up onto the couch. They sprawl out across the wood floor right in front of the door.

September 3: My heels of my sandals acted like tiny catapults, flipping hot sand straight up into my calves as I walked to the shoreline.

September 4: Maybel couldn’t see him, but certain old floorboards continued to creak as he circled around her in the dark. One moment, he would wander the far side of the room to her left. Then suddenly, he would be right next to her, stroking a long, bony finger against her cheek and down her neck, tracing her collar bone over her dress front.

September 5: Abel showed me his Donald Trump impression today. He mostly yelled angrily and incoherently. All I could make out was “Trump” and “hotel”.

September 6: On the yard wall, someone had scrawled ‘Fuck you Bick’ in pencil. Someone else later drew an arrow pointing at it, with a note reading ‘get ur spelling right boi’.

September 7: I picked up my wedding dress today. It is the final countdown for the wedding

September 8: I’m still a bit worried about how Ryan can get to the wedding and asked Dylan if he had any idea what could be done. He set down his glass of beer and leaned conspiratorial across the table. “Using primarily cabbages…”

September 9: So turns out we are helping Katie move today. It’s not like I was planning on using my weekend to rest or anything like that anyway.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment