Monday, January 8, 2018

21 kids but only 16 seats

January 1: The wood floors of 221b Baker Street creaked under our feet and I was surprised to discover that neither Mrs. Hudson nor Watson have a bed in their bedrooms. I was also constantly surprised by gaunt was figures that were perfectly placed so that you would not see them until you turned the corner and had a panic attack.

January 2: Charles Dickens used to write at The Anchor Pub, but by far its coolest fact was that our tour guide’s dad had his stag party here and was tied to the lamppost while he was completely naked and his shoes were sent home in a cab.

January 3: Nick was pulled out of the audience twice during our London Dungeon tour. One was so he could get some blood-letting done by the plague doctor’s assistant and again when he was put on trial for robbing a stage coach. I guess that’s what happens when you wear a bright orange jacket to a live performance piece.

January 4: We explored the Herb Garrett Operating Theater today. It was so strange to finally be there in person and to see the table Maybel had been tied to, the stairs the killer descended with the missing Lusk kidney, and the door that the possessed girl storms through to exact her revenge.

January 5: We boarded the plane in Iceland at 5:05PM on Friday night for an eight hour flight and landed in Seattle at 5:05PM on Friday night.

January 6: I think I finally solved the riddle of George’s bouncy walk. He moves his legs wrong. While most dogs move their front left paw to match their back right paw and the front right paw to match their back left paw, George walks entirely on one side before moving to the other.

January 7: I miss my kids, but I have a feeling that half an hour back at school will make me wonder what exactly it was about them that I missed.

January 8: We switched classrooms today and Melissa wanted us to try having all the third graders in one class and all the fourth graders in another, which now means I have 21 kids but only 16 seats.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment