Wednesday, January 24, 2018

i'm so angry i could grate cheese

January 17: I was in charge of the anatomy station during the Health Camp Kickoff, where my job was to lead a game where kids list as many body parts as they can in five minutes. The first question I got every game was whether or not they were allowed to write penis.

January 18: It was secret Tootles day. Milo got Benjamin. The nicest thing she could think of to say to him was that he was rude to girls and needed to work on his ability to clean up dominoes.

January 19: It finally happened. One of my students gave me an apple. Cliché completed. 
And Jazmine does not want to join my circus acts elective because she already knows how to “jiggle”

January 20: The government shut down again. So that’s fun.

January 21: I finished the second draft of The Scribbler today! Mary is now an orphan and Maybel compulsively builds an operating theater out of books.

January 22: I don’t know where they all came from, but my kids covered my laptop with sticky googly eyes. It’s making me kind of uncomfortable every time I need to use it.

January 23: As the students filed into my classroom, two out of every three of them asked me why they were there and informed me that they didn’t even choose my elective and they didn’t want to be here. Then they asked if I would give them the hacky sacks at the end of the class.

January 24: A handful of students were talking as we walked down the hallway, so I gave the whole class one minute of practicing lines. Luna was near the back of the line. Her eyes narrowed and she gripped his pencil case hard in her hand. “I’m so angry I could grate cheese.”




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment