Wednesday, March 7, 2018

doubles as an anti-malaria pill

March 1: Melissa printed out stickers to remind parents that we close early during Parent Teacher Conference Week. I handed one to Umali and told her to put it somewhere she wouldn’t forget it when she was picked up. She stared at me blankly for a few seconds before slapping it onto her forehead.

March 2: The acne medication that the dermatologist prescribed for me also doubles as an anti-malaria pill. So I’ve got all my bases covered.

March 3: I’ve spent all day watching videos of angry raccoons. Trying to write a story is weird.

March 4: In college, people always made jokes about how whipped Nick was because he always gave in to what I wanted. If only those people could see how bad he is with our dog. He just gave up his spot on the couch and rearranged the pillows the way she likes it.

March 5: The judge presiding over the murder trial tries his best to balance out the bitterness of being a jury member on a murder trial. He makes steamed pork buns on the first day and then bring in dark chocolate for everyone every day after that.

March 6: The pre-packed lunches come with a turkey sandwich, an apple, a bag of pretzels, and a bag of carrots. Rather than eating the carrots, the kids have been making fists and wedging the carrots between their middle and ring fingers, trying to make the argument that they technically aren’t really flipping anyone off.

March 7: I finally gave in to Luna, Milo, and Umali’s pleas to play songs from Hamilton during program. During “My Shot”, I yelled nonsense to blot out the lyric of “shitting”. After that, all there of them would sing the lyrics and scream in perfect unison over every cuss word.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment