Thursday, August 31, 2017

peens and queens

August 24: Maybel’s heart beat slowly in her still, numb body like an escape artist patiently waiting for the right timing to release the locks and emerge from a water tank.

August 25: With Arianna transferred to a new school and Robert continually going home before day school ends, my class has been suspiciously quiet. They have been so unnaturally chill this week that when Melissa poked her head into my class during meditation, her initial thought was that everyone was dead.

August 26: Heidi has been planning yet another party that I am sure will overshadow the actual wedding. For my bachelorette party, we have decided to go to Hamburger Mary’s and then spend the night on The Queen Mary. The theme is: Peens and Queens.

August 27: People keep texting me to let me know they received their wedding invitation. THEN WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MAKING REAL INVITATIONS IF THEY WERE JUST GOING TO TEXT A REPLY?

August 28: A fourth grade boy opened our bungalow door just long enough to yell “Fuck you, bitch!”. Well, happy Monday to you too, kid.

August 29: Nick wanted me to write a few sentences in a birthday card to his dad. Why are there no tips on how to write a vague message to someone you don’t actually like?

August 30: My journal today was for my kids to write who they are thankful. Quite a few of them wrote they were thankful for me, which would have been sweet if they weren’t yelling that they hated me ten minutes later because I made meditation part of our daily schedule.

August 31: I've been waking up with a sore throat everyday for the past week. I can't tell if I'm getting sick or if my theist is out of practice in yelling.
[Update: I was sick.]



much love,
hedgie 


No comments:

Post a Comment