Monday, April 30, 2018

a month's worth of birth control

April 24: Today was my last appointment with my psychologist. He is moving to Hawaii now and he thinks I’m doing well enough that I don’t need to see anyone anymore. It’s so strange to think that two years ago, I couldn’t get out of bed and didn’t want anyone to look at me. And today, I have bright pink hair and I’m about to go make an idiot of myself in front of over twenty children.

April 25: Last night, I started reading Michelle McNamara’s “I’ll Be Gone in the Dark”, the true crime novel about the serial rapist and murderer my family has been following for years. This morning, dad texted me, saying they made an arrest. Jospeh James DeAngelo, 72-year old ex-cop. 
I wonder what questions will get answered. What made the cops interested in this man specifically? When he attended the town hall meetings about his attacks, was he there pretending to be a concerned citizen or was he in uniform? Does he really have the bull tattoo? Were the noises in the background of his threatening calls from the television or from a family he had? What made him stop killing and raping for so long?

April 26: Serenity is a child who is hyperactive to the point that she spends all of her lunches in the bungalow with us because she will start physical fights with her classmates if she is with them for longer than half an hour. Today, she came in with a full Rockstar energy drink in her lunch because her grandmother thought it was a can of bubbly juice.

April 27: Dora’s book is about the differences and similarities between dogs and wolves. She needed some help adding some padding to her book to fill out pages.
“What do dogs and wolves do that are the same?”
“They both eat meat?”
“What kind of meat do they eat?”
“Dogs eat food that their people feed them.”
“And wolves?”
“They eat carne asada.”

April 28: Nick has made me start jogging again. He says he wants me to live longer or some stupid shit like that.

April 29: I don’t really understand how Nick can buy 500 bullets at one time, but I can only get a month’s worth of birth control at a time.

April 30: Maria is preparing for May the Fourth be with you. She brought in a larger than life cardboard cutout of Darth Vader, who has to sit in on our regular Monday morning meeting. She and Jen put a sombrero on him since Cinco de Mayo is on a Saturday and we have to get both holidays at once.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment