Monday, April 16, 2018

to fart on cue

April 9: Now five of my girls have taken up the cat ear trend. They go towards the ones that are metal rods shaped into triangles on a headband. It may be the more hygienic choice since there is nothing for lice to live on, but I do end up getting stabbed between the ribs every time one of them rushes in for a hug.

April 10: I passed a plater full of succulents, they were muted tinges of green like the stems and leaves has been dusted with powdered sugar.

April 11: Shanah and Janessa got into an argument at snack. Recess ended before it was resolved and so they scheduled to fight each other after school. I didn’t think that happened outside of movie high schools let alone between third graders.

April 12: I swear to god that Jai’von has trained himself to fart on cue. Twice during meditation time when everyone finally settled and fell silent, he ripped a huge one and then made ridiculous faces to show that he was the one behind yet. Yet he still does not understand why no one wants to sit next to him.

April 13: Each grade came to school dressed up in a different color so that when they lined up in the yard, the whole school created a rainbow to celebrate LGBT families. They paraded around the yard holding up handmade signs saying that love is love is love, that all families are welcome here, that everyone deserves respect and acceptance. Rah held up a poster that read BLACK PANTHER.

April 14: I always told all my cousins that they were my second favorite. That way, they knew there was room for improvement. But today, dad sent me a photo of Max and Jenny’s baby. Conrad Buchanan. He is unequivocally cousin number one now.

April 15: Addie jumped up onto the chaise lounge where Nick was reading. At first, she started curled up at his feet, but a few minutes later, she stretched out behind his knees and rested her chin on his thigh. Fifteen minutes later, she was laying across his lap and taking up three quarters of the seat.

April 16: I have not been reacting well to having in-laws. They have somehow managed to bring out my rebellious teenage phase at the age of 28. My kids have had very strong reactions to the pink hair, but none of them have stopped screaming long enough for me to figure out if they like it or not.





much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment