Sunday, June 23, 2019

murder first, drinks second

June 16: Even years later, she never felt like part of the family. They were awkward around her and couldn’t remember things about her. She felt more like a neighbor that they invited just to be nice but they never expected to actually show up.

June 17: Addie had been sick lately and it’s hard to figure out why. Her symptoms are difficult to fit together into one diagnosis. She’s still active and silly. She’s drinking plenty of water and her appetite is good. There’s nothing unusual in her poop. But everyday for about a week, she has woken us up at four in the morning to vomit in the living room.

June 18: I’m losing track of what day it is already. Everything is starting to blur together. I’m torn between feeling like school got out one week ago or two months ago. Nothing else would make any sense to me right now.

June 19: I started giant knitting this week so I can make a blanket for the living room. It’s a lot more physical than I was expecting. I have to take a break every two rows because it is so tiring to even unspool the giant ball of yarn.

June 20: I’ve been watching “Tidying Up with Marie Kondo” in hopes that it will help put me into the mindset to start cleaning out my dressers. Her first step is to pile everything into a single mound and sort through it one by one to determine what you keep and what you let go. She says to hold them up to your chest and see if it sparks joy, giving the same feeling as holding a puppy. While I understand the theory behind it and how that can be helpful, I just feel like that is a lot to ask of a T-shirt.

June 21: It’s strange how little men’s fashion has changed throughout the years. Nick and I are trying to choose our outfits for the 1920’s-themed scavenger hunt tomorrow and he’s able to just wear the 1950’s suit he once bought. I’m choosing all the loosest and shapeless clothes I can find, which is strange because in just a few decades, tight and form-fitting clothes become the new look.

June 22: We had half an hour to solve the murder mystery before end time and everyone was still looking at the menu. “Guys, murder first, drinks second.”

June 23: Addie has started the shedding process. I can’t pet her without hair jetting out in all directions like confetti at a parade. It is officially the summer season.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment