Friday, June 7, 2019

my dog doesn't speak english

June 1: A lot of people think you don’t need to apologize if something was an accident. They don’t want to take blame for something out of fear it looks like they are admitting to being a bad person. But it’s just validating the other person’s reality. They got hurt and they were the cause of it. They deserve to hear that it happened, it was real, and that they are sorry that they were pain because of it. It’s like when I accidentally step on George’s paw. I don’t keep going when he yelps. I stop what I’m doing, go to my knees to pet and assure him.

June 2: Addie was barking at a man who was staring at us for too long in the street. The guy kept walking up towards her with his hand sticking out in front of him, even after I told him she doesn’t do well with men she doesn’t know. He told her that he was a nice guy repeatedly. I wasn’t really sure how to explain to him that she doesn’t speak English.

June 3: So far, there are nine teachers who will not be returning next year. I think it’s a new record.

June 4: It was the last day of school. I turned off all my work alarms. I don’t know what to do with myself now.

June 5: It didn’t take much to convince Katie that we should get ice cream. I pointed out Mitchell’s as we walked by on our way back to the apartment. A block later, I stopped to look at some pretty flowers. That pause was enough reason to make her turn around and say we were getting a treat.

June 6: Today, George farted so loudly that he scared both himself and Addie. They jumped so high off the couch that I thought they saw a rat suddenly scamper through the living room.

June 7: It’s strange how much shorter my days seem now. I can barely get two things done before it’s dark. Today, I went to the dentist and packed and all of a sudden it got so late. How was I able to get so much more done when at work?




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment