Thursday, February 20, 2014

my dog is an asshole

A few nights ago, best friend came over to visit on her night off. She has never been inside my actual apartment yet, so after she parked, she called me to come find her. She was only a block away, so it was a quick journey.

When we started climbing up the stairs, Addie heard us talking. She got very excited and started jumping up onto the door before we reached the landing. Unfortunately, I have one of those deadbolt locks with an oval knob you turn horizontal to unlock and vertical to lock. While jumping onto the door, she managed to lock it from the inside with her paws.

I didn't bring my key with me.

Dramatic reenactment. 

I tried calling Nick for help because he had the only other key, but he was two hours away from his flight back here from Sacramento, so he was no help. He suggested that I call Katie, our subletter currently in Arizona, to see if she knew what to do in this type of situation. She didn't answer.

Heidi managed to take off the screen from the main window, but the window was locked. All the while, Addie continued to jump onto the door, not understanding why we weren't coming in already.

There was nothing we could do but wait for Nick to come back and hope that Addie didn't eat anything she probably shouldn't. We went to the jacuzzi with a bottle of wine Heidi happened to have. I had to hop the fence because a certain puppy I will not name also locked the pool keys inside of the apartment.

Katie eventually called back, but she didn't know any office numbers that could help me. So she basically called back just to laugh at me.

After a few hours, Nick arrived from the airport and collected us from the jacuzzi.


Just look at how smug she is.





much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment