Sunday, May 21, 2017

don't let them lick the walls

May 15: The daily journals have become a game to Milo. No matter how hard I tried to steer the journal questions away from politics, she would find a way to insult the President.
What was your favorite thing you learned in the marine biology lesson?
That the Blob Fish looks like Donald Trump.
Write a note to your future self.
Dear Future Me, I hope you still hate Trump.
Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Blind, so I wouldn’t have to see Trump’s ugly face.

May 16: Abel isn’t allowed to have a backpack because he sneaks so many toys into class. I think his mom is starting to check his pockets too because at recess, I caught him pulling a handful of Pokémon cards out of his shoe.

May 17: All of Skye’s kids think they are John Cena. The trash talk each other and start wrestling at the slightest provocation. Edwin and Lamadja were at the park when they started dissing each other. “You wanna go? Let’s go!” “Let’s take this to the sand!”

May 18: It took half an hour to get everyone to stop crying long enough for them to start their readers theater performance. Even then, two were on the floor in tears before they reached the third page because Luna took over their lines when they took too long to read it out loud.

May 19: Ten minutes after meeting her, I was ready to steal Sophie’s dog. She was a tiny, anxious chihuahua that I could fit into my jacket. She stopped shivering when she was in there, so I played Bocce Ball with her slung against my stomach like a baby.

May 20: We are finally replacing the sink in the bathroom. I was in charge of sanding down and repainting the wall behind the sink. Nick suggested I wear a face mask because when we moved in, Carol gave us a short warning and a pamphlet about the dangers of lead paint. She also added, “If you ever have kids over, don’t let them lick the walls”.

May 21: My new glasses make the world look so clear, I’m pretty sure that I will develop the ability to see through walls or into the future.





much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment