Monday, May 22, 2017

rain hot chips

May 22: Milo wrote me a letter while she was in her day class. She even had to translate it into Spanish so that her teacher wouldn’t realize she wasn’t on task. She tucked the note into my laptop so I would find it when I got home. All just to tell me that she did not like my new glasses. Priorities.

May 23: Jen has an over-sized Barbie head for her kids to practice braiding hair without spreading lice. She stored it under her desk and now every time I stoop down to get into my backpack, I see it half-hidden in the shadows and it horrifies me for a moment.

May 24: In the front office, there was a protest against the use of “Lean on Me” during the 5th grade graduation ceremony. Unsurprisingly, one to the protesters was Roxanna, who was also there to protest the fact that the students were to walk down the aisle while clapping to the beat. For some bewildering reason, she is convinced that her 12-year old son is unable to clap and walk at the same time.

May 25: Milo showed me the biography she wrote about me. The front cover has a polaroid photo of me, encased in a thin layer of blue crayon hatch marks. My name is written in bold red and surrounded by hearts. Mr. Carlson graded it with a happy face sticker.

May 26: Wilfred hadn’t spoken for awhile. He was studying the gold fidget spinner twirling in between his thumb and forefinger. He suddenly closed his fingers, stopping the gears in motion. “If I was god, I would make it rain hot chips,” he announced.

May 27: The eight of us took over one of Google's conference rooms that came equipped with two projectors and a dozen hands-free mics. We played Fibbage, which is great because it lead me to use my time in this room that is used to discuss the latest in technology to look up stories about a very handsome gorilla and a man who ate a plane.

May 28: Apparently, Ryan bought a house. Last week he was texting me about looking in different cities for a real place to live and now he is about to own a house. He did not waste much time.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment