Wednesday, August 23, 2017

dumpster diving

August 17: Jen returned from her lunch break dragging the art drying rack she pointed out yesterday that was in a pile of garbage the school was throwing out.
“You stole that?” I asked.
“I didn’t steal it,” she said, mock angrily. “I dumpster dove for it.”

August 18: After a year, I have completely filled my childcare notebook. I went into a bookstore to buy a new Moleskine and came out with one and three more books. I think I need help.

August 19: One of the items for the Duolingo Spanish scavenger hunt was to take a selfie with a wig. My team ended up awkwardly taking a picture with a luchador mask that had a few strings of yellow yarn pouring from the scalp.

August 20: Lisa walked us through three storage units so we could take notes on any of the decor we would want to borrow for our wedding. We were interrupted halfway through when Ty asked Nick to move his car because it was blocking in one of their mustangs and they were trying to was all four of them.

August 21: I was able to watch the partial solar eclipse from my living room couch with the special glasses Nick brought home from Google for me. People in different states were able to have a much more fantastical experience when the moon completely eclipsed the sun. Birds stopped singing and the stars even came out.

August 22: I started a new Spanish show about a boarding school that used to be an orphanage that closed down when five children went missing. There is a woman who escaped a mental asylum and was framed for attempted murder. There is a little girl who lost both her parents and is convinced that the surrounding forest is full of gnomes and fairies. Probably the most outlandish thing is that the people in the show have hotmail email addresses.

August 23: For community time, I lead a game of human knot. The kids didn’t quite understand how to get started and three or four always ended up not holding two hands or grabbing onto the wrist of someone who was already partnered up. Both times, we ended up with separate groups that branched out in different directions instead of one large circle.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment