Wednesday, August 16, 2017

mindful peeing

August 8: Despite the two to-go boxes of coffee, everyone was still sluggish at 10. Natalie stood at the front of the room and looked at us all helplessly. “Guys, c’mon,” she said. “I wore ruffles today for the energy.”

August 9: The game was called crossing the river. Each group of six had to cross the room without any part of their foot touching the floor. We were given three half sheets of paper that were “life rafts” to keep us out of the water that we were not allowed to touch with our hands. We ended up going in pairs, balancing on tip toe and almost tangoing on pieces of purple construction paper.

August 10: BreakoutIQ explained that the team that was the first to solves all the clues, unlock the box and yell Mindy Anna Jone’s motto would win. Charlotte and I debated if our time was better served standing next to the finish table and yell as many common phrases we could think of and hope for the best.

August 11: The instructor handed out raisins so that we could practice mindful eating, chewing meaningfully so that we appreciated the texture and flavor. Jen leaned over to tell me she needed to go to the bathroom to do some slow, mindful peeing.

August 12: People are having a really hard time with the idea of Nick and I not changing our last names to “Lovechanan”, even with the obvious double meaning. Even at the bridal shower, Heidi had spray painted a marshmallow gun gold to create an actual love cannon that shot mini marshmallows at bells dangling in heart-shaped cutouts.

August 13: Maria got second dog. This one is a long-haired chihuahua that she named something that starts with a “C”, but I can’t remember what it is because I have already dubbed the two Donut and Cannoli.

August 14: We spent an hour of our training today learning that healthy foods are better for students than sugary treats. Such groundbreaking discoveries we are making this year.

August 15: I watched the news on Charlottesville for as long as I could stand. Then I put on Friends so that I could spend half an hour pretending I lived in a world where this wasn’t happening.

August 16: The school year has not started, but I am already having bad dreams about my kids. Last night I dreamed that they broke the toilet and they kept flushing it so that it overflowed, which is not out of character for most of them.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment