Sunday, October 8, 2017

HAVE A BABY

October 1: The woman behind us in line at the grocery store cash register was only buying one bag of frozen pasta, a large caramel chocolate bar, and two bottles of rosé.

October 2: I told my kids that I would be gone for a week for my wedding. I asked if they had any questions. Jaivon raised his hand and without waiting for me to call on him, yelled “HAVE A BABY!”

October 3: Scores poetry had our first FaceTime with dad’s creative writing class. The trash talk started immediately. One of the kid favorite insults was “you look like a waffle!”

October 4: David is obsessed with chickens lately. He claims every clothing pattern is of chickens and that he has to put on a helmet when his older brother picks him up because they ride a giant chicken home.

October 5: Melissa hired a new teacher today. We finally have a full staff!

October 6: It was my last day with my kids before I got married. They sang “happy wedding to you” to the tune of the happy birthday song.

October 7: The drag queens asked for all brides to be to go to the stage. There were three of us total. I am apparently too classy for drag queens to make fun of me because they spent only a few seconds examining my ring before moving on to the bachelorette wearing a fake mustache.

October 8: Angi leaned out of the porthole in our suite and wondered out loud if we thought she could spit on the people walking up the ramp and into the Queen Mary. Turns out, she could.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment