Monday, October 16, 2017

pretending to have a seizure

October 9: Nick’s dad has been insisting on taking a few minutes in the middle of the ceremony to bless our union. For months, he has refused to take no for an answer. Ryan and Dylan suggest we have a backup plan in case he manages to grab the mic and have his way. A plan that involves me popping a few aka seltzer tablets into my mouth and then pretending to have a seizure.

October 10: California has two seasons: perfect and on fire. It is currently on fire.

October 11: Heidi has a kiddie pool and two stunt kites in the trunk of her car, so she’s pretty much ready for anything.

October 12: The sound that emitted from the quartz bowls in The Integration was like a bee buzzing in the hollow of my head. I could follow the notes from ear to ear to forehead to nasal cavities. Despite the havoc the sound bath wreaked inside of my skull, I was asleep within fifteen minutes.

October 13: Ryan used to think that the little flap of fabric at the bottom of underwear was a secret compartment that he called his pee-pee pocket. He would often store little items in there to give as gifts. Dad still has a jar of stones on his shelf that were delivered to him this way.

October 14: Nick cried when he watched me walk down the aisle with my dad. Andrew had to hand him one of the tissues that Heidi stashed in her bra.

October 15: A betting pool went around for the wedding guests to predict when Nick and I would have our first child. The DJ put his granddaughter’s birthday as his guess, effectively accusing me of already being two months pregnant.

October 16: There are still protests about Nick and I not changing our last names to Lovechanan. I finally found a compromise. It will be my pen name: B.F. Lovechanan.




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment