Monday, October 23, 2017

replicant

October 17: The smoke in the air had been so thick while we were away that all of our clean dishes drying near the open window were now coated in a layer of ash.

October 18: Ryan Gosling being a replicant actually makes a lot more sense than him being human

October 19: It’s strangely easy to forget the huge life event that took place a week ago. I will only suddenly remember that we are married when I reach over to hold Nick’s hand and feel his ring in between my fingertips.

October 20: My coworkers now suspect that I may be a murderer. Miss Connie brought in a few milk jugs to make ghosts with her students. I sighed loudly and told her that the correct way to make ghosts was to brutally murder someone. Melissa stopped writing on the whiteboard mid-sentence to turn about and say, “Jesus christ, Heather.”

October 21: I received my first ever jury summons. It told me to report to the Orange County City Hall on December 5th. I filled out an online form to disqualify myself since I do not live in that region anymore. It is my first time selecting ‘married’ on an official document.

October 22: Addie has scabs dotting her forehead from where is repeatedly jabbed her face into Joshua trees while looking for dead things to eat. When the dried up clumps fall come off, they take a fistful of fur with them.

October 23: Nick's sister was going at 6 for an hour or two to see some old friends and wanted to know if we would still be up when she got back. At 8. How old does she think we are?




much love,
hedgie

No comments:

Post a Comment